Zerx Records & Press

6/27/2005

ZerxCatalog-Mark Weber

Zerx CD Releases by Mark Weber & Co



#001 - Mark Weber - O SHENANDOAH BE NOT TELLING ME THIS
This record was so complicated and required so much work that I vowed never to make another record again. Five different bands and easily 3 dozen sessions went into this project , recorded in L.A. and Albuquerque. Poetry & Music in the tradition of Kenneth Patchen’s great experiments along the same lines.

#004 - Mark Weber - BEAUTEMOUS EVERLASTING
After 20 years of writing narrative poetry I veered off into a style I call atmospheric/landscape poetry and this is the first examples of that. Too many musicians to mention all their names. Justine Flynn even wrote a complex chart for one of the numbers. ( Mostly everything else is purely freeform spontaneous glorious intuition.}

#005 - Mark Weber - JUST ME AND MY OL’ GUITAR
Not ever’one needs to hear me bellerin’ my favorite songs so we put this out in limited edition.

#006 - Big Web & The Fractious Companeros - LIVE AT THE OUTPOST PERFORMANCE SPACE - April 15, 1996
One of my best bands: Stefan Dill, flamenco guitar; Jo Chavez, kanun; Eileen Sullivan, violin; David Parlato, bass; Lou Morales, percussion; Justine Flynn, French horn. “Limited Edition”.

#007 - Mark Weber - TIME ZONE DIFFERENTIAL
During the mid-90s whenever I visited back home to Southern California rather than hang with my old friends on some street corner we’d book studio time and hang out there instead, and make music. They’d make the music and I’d tell stories. This is sorta like Volume 2 of my CD on the 9Winds label called OBBLIGATOS FOR TERPSICHOREAN DIPSOMANIACS which translates : Musical Ditties for Dancing Drunks.

#008 - Mark Weber - FRONT PORCH MUSIC
Me & my grandfather farting around with guitars & mandolins back in the olden days. Limited Edition.

#009 - The Mark Weber Poetry Band - BOUNDLESS COALESCENCE
I got tired of thinking up names for all my various bands so we lumped them all under this catch-all egomaniacal rubric. Atmosphere/Landscape poetry at it’s best, and what a band (!) Music rating: 12(on a Ten Scale).

#011 - Mark Weber - BYGONE TUMBLEWEEDS, TARNATION OF SMOKE
Okie Musique Concrete. Memory in all it’s aspects.

#016 - Mark Weber - PRECARIOUS solo, duets & trios
One great record if I do say so myself. Everything’s coming up roses. You got Ken Keppler on here, and Jeanie, and Mark Weaver’s nocturnal tuba, and Lisa Polisar’s clandestine flute, and Courtney Smith’s nautical harp, and Alicia Ultan’s eternal viola (we love you Alicia), and Stefan Dill’s auto transported flamenco guitar, AND AND AND ! Janet Feder (!) And her prepared & sauteed guitar.

#017 - Big Web & The Rubato Consultants - LIVE AT THE ALBUQUERQUE MUSEUM, November 21, 1996
I love the tv footage of this ‘cause it shows me and Chuy Martinez singing “Cieleto Lindo” with our guitars & ten-piece ensemble and when Chuy takes over the song after I’ve mangled it (I’m not a real sanger) I’m standing there in profile with my mouth agape in wonderment at Chuy’s beautiful voice. Limited edition.

#025 - Mark Weber - TEST PRESSING , solo okie guitar & song
I was curious about this CD manufacturer who had some el cheapo prices so I recorded this half baked gem and sent it off for a hunert copies. See how they moved. See if they can cut the mustard.

#041 - Mark Weber - OKIE MUSIQUE CONCRETE
the reel-to-reel as honky tonk band.

#48 - The Mark Weber Poetry band - TURTLE NIGHT
Atmospheric landscape poetry. Music rating: infinity

#049 - Mark Weber & the Vlatkovich Team - MESSAGE FROM L.A.
This is volume 3 that started with TERPSICHOREAN DIPSOMANIACS. Has Gretchen Parlato and Gerald Locklin. Stories that made the world true.




ZERX LEISURE PRODUCTS
OVER 50 RECORDS AND STILL GOING WRONG !
Ordering Info